Monday, May 28, 2007

A Long Overdue Introduction(!?#@%)

It's 4.45 am. I have an exam scheduled for 2 pm tomorrow. But all I can think for the past few days is my undernourished, under-visited and 1-year old blog. Have posted just six times in the last year. Makes it one article per 2 months. And that's a poor turnout by any standards! Considering I am not too regular an, um, 'article-writer' (for want of a better word), this statistic is not really an eyesore but is a bit troubling 'cos I AM more regular than that! So today I'll write something that has been due(long overdue now) ever since I started this blog. An Introduction! Ta Da!
Well, as the name suggests, its gonna be my musings. Just a little part(which I'm actually able to sit and type) of what I think, what I contemplate during the day or week or month or as it turns out, on current form, two months :) Written without a pause may not be entirely accurate though. I take long pauses (a la Vajpayee Ji!) while writing the littlest of a couplet. But I guess you can't really write poetry without a pause can you? But 'without a pause' is not a complete figment of my imagination too! That's only true for the musings while travelling. Travelling currently is currently from Patiala to Amritsar and back to Patiala. I prefer travelling by train. Always the window seat (get all cranky if I don't get it). Just like to sit by the window, stare out and pen down my musings. This is kind of reflected in the things I write and the way I go about it, I think.
I like using a pen and paper more than a computer. I find it more inspiring and comfortable to fill up the page rather than typing away on a million bits and bytes thingie (not suitable lingo for a comp engineer huh? Oh well..). I like humorous writing too and do try to infuse humor into my writing (Do tell me if its not working/falling flat). You'll find a lot of smileys here. Along with a lot of ".."(not "..."!) highlighting the fact that I am not much clear about how much I want to convey to you..
I like to read, (a lot, I thought some days ago, but now that notion has been dispelled!) sometimes anyways. Maybe I'll write about it in a further post.
I have been unable to write anything that would really be ever considered revolutionary. Am not much of a revolutionary. But if somebody chuckles-softly/ ponders-thoughtfully/ smiles-quietly/ gazes-at-the-computer-screen-for-a-second-longer-than-required after reading my blog I would like to think I am on the right path.

PS: What's green, squashy and says 'I'm a frog!'? Duh.. A Talking Frog! :D
PS2: OK, plagiarized from Frank Jr Jr, a triplet Phoebe gives birth to...
PS3: Yes, I'd like that.. Early festive season anyone?
PS4: Got to Stop!

No comments: